I’m Elena. Welcome to my story.
My specialty is helping you achieve a healthier body and mind through yoga and meditation. When I’m not teaching, I make music. Come in, and have a listen!
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I did my first yoga class at the age of 14. I really didn’t like it at all and thought it was boring. So I tried every yoga teacher in town until I found my first hero – Jane. She made me fall in love with yoga and lovingly insisted that I start teaching yoga the minute I graduated from my psychology programme.
- I soon realised that instead of sitting people down for therapy, I prefer to either make them sweat on their yoga mats, or teach them to really relax using yoga nidra. I can see the results of my work right away, and I thrive on seeing people feel more alive, rested and glowing.
- So far, I’ve been teaching for 15 years, and my yoga and meditation career has taken me to 5 continents. I’ve been invited to teach in lots of interesting and diverse places: from deserted Caribbean islands to Copenhagen Municipality to Microsoft campus.
- As of today, I’ve facilitated close to 100 retreats world-wide. I hope you’ve been to most of them like some of my professional yoga retreaters! By now, you’d be the perfect version of yourself and an enlightened being. Just kidding. We are all work in progress!
- When I’m not leading retreats, you can find me teaching in Zurich, Switzerland, which is one of my favourite places on Earth, and the capital of calm.
- I’ve written over 50 songs and a countless number of instrumental piano pieces. I’ve only published 2 albums so far, and my third is taking me forever to create! But I promise, it’s definitely coming!
- I’m a trained singer, and the vocal academy is the real reason why I ended up spending some years of my life in Copenhagen.
- I am a “flexitarian”, and don’t want to subscribe to one lineage or tradition in anything – from yoga practice to diet. I believe that yoga and meditation are non-dogmatic and non-religious practices that help us feel better, healthier, stronger, and more aligned with ourselves. And there is no one right way. I believe that yoga can and should adapt to serve YOU, exactly where you are in life. So when you practice with me, prepare to be exposed to a variety of approaches from both yoga tradition and modern science.
I can’t wait to meet you!